Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ashby


Today I decided to explore my neighborhood along the Ashby Ave which goes perpendicular to my regular path along College Ave. Well, it turns out that there is a hospital a few minutes away from my house. That explains all the sirens at night. Glad to know it is not because the place is so crime-ridden.

Also I was happy to discover the Wholefoods Market and Berkeley Bowl Market in the walking distance from my place. I guess I won't die from hunger here :)

Overall I really like the neighborhood I am living in. It has all kinds of restaurants, cafes, several grocery stores, couple of spas, several clothing stores, at least three wine stores and a belly dancing studio. Everything that a modern girl can possible desire :)

I had my morning coffee in this little place on the intersection of Ashby and College:
They lured me in with... um, donuts. Chocolate glazed donut and a cup of coffee for 2.03$ only. Sure, it is not very healthy, but who cares :)
Plus I could seat outside and watch the street:

No comments:

Post a Comment